Monday, March 15, 2010

They Took My Veil (A Song by Candy Statts)

THEY TOOK MY VEIL

They took my veil from me
My dress was ripped and torn.
They said I should be stoned
For the sin that I had done.

I looked for some kind face
To rescue me from harm.
But knew that noone would
The stones were in their hand.

And then I saw His face
He was writing in the sand.
And then He straightened up
And said “Who is the man”?

Who here is without sin
Can cast the first stone
And when I looked around
I saw they were all gone.

He asked me where the men
Who accused me had all gone.
He said to go back home
That all my sins were gone.

I’ll never forget His face
I give my heart to Him
He gave me a brand new life
My love belongs to Him.

That man is now my Lord
I give to Him my song.
Still now I look around
My accusers are still gone.

No comments: