Wednesday, March 10, 2010

She Runs For the Finish Line

I see her as she’s running,
she’s intent upon her way
Although I see her struggle,
on the path she’ll stay.
She might avoid a puddle
an obstacle along the way
And I know her foot might stumble
But it will never stray.

She runs for the finish line.

Today I saw her running
Though she was unaware
The wind had dried her tear-stained cheeks
With tendrils of her hair
She is bowed but she’s not broken
Let us show her that we care
And along way we’ll say a prayer,…
As she strives to get there,...

She runs for the finish line

She runs for the finish line
It’s taking precious time
To find a cure, this much we
Know is true.
But she will stay the course
Fight till we find a cure
And until then we’ll tell you
What we’ll do

We can’t take your burdon
Although we all want to
We can’t take your burdon
But we can carry you

Over the finish line,…….

This is a song I wrote last year for my sister Susan. She has had such a hard struggle with cancer, with life, yet she keeps fighting. I am so proud of her and glad she is my sister. I am truly blessed.

She recently married a wonderful man, Karl. What is so cool about the whole courtship is that my mom and dad and his mom and dad were best friends growing up. Karl has 2 brothers, I have 2 sisters. We played together as children, the boys and us girls. We figured one of us would marry one of the boys. And our wishes came true. And yes, I danced at her wedding, which was a new experience for me, and an amusing sight for the wedding guests.

So wishes do come true, and Sue, my wish for you is that you can settle down now with Karl and have a truly happy life.

No comments: